Naperville Yard offers Soccer Skills Training and 5v5 Soccer Leagues for players aged 5-14. Indoor training will start back up in November and run through April. Our training focuses on small-sided drills and games to maximize player involvement and touches on the ball.
*two games played on Nov 10 and March 16
Recreational 5v5 League
The Naperville Yard Recreational 5v5 League is for u6 – u14 players! All 5v5 recreational soccer games will take place on our artificial turf soccer fields on Saturday afternoons.
- Players may register as free agents (individuals) or as a team. Parents are welcome to volunteer coach
- Divisions are based on school grade level. See box below.
- The u6 division does not have set teams. Players are grouped onto a team each week
- u6 length of game: two 2-minute halves with no more than 5 minutes allowed for half-time
- u8 – u14 length of game: 45 minutes, running clock
- Games are played on Saturday afternoons between 1pm and 7pm. Playoff times may differ.
- Shin guards and soccer socks are mandatory
- All Naperville Yard players will receive a game day jersey. Registered teams must provide their own jersey.
- Training for these sessions will be run by our professional soccer staff.
- We have developed a unique training curriculum that blends fun with player development.
- Individuals and/or groups of friends can sign up for training.
- Children will be separated into groups by age, ability, friends, and gender.
- Each training session is 1 hour, and the kids will rotate through stations.
- Each station is staffed by a trainer and will focus on a different skill.
- Drills and small-sided games will be used to teach the skills.
Our foot skills training program takes place on our indoor track and is run by our professional coaching staff. Our unique training curriculum models the idea of futsal by providing limited space and demanding a player improves his/her ball control and footwork.
- Training is offered Wednesday (Winter II) and Thursday for 1 hour at 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm
- The track area will divided into 2-3 stations that will focus on skill development & ball control, speed & agility, and small-sided games
- Players will be separated into groups by age and skill ability
- Players will rotate through all stations during the allotted time
- Each section will have a max of 8-10 players of the same age and ability level
- All players will receive a foot skills practice t-shirt
Winter I | Winter II
-1x/week: 1 foot skills day OR 5v5 soccer league
-2x/week: 2 foot skills days OR 1 foot skills day + 5v5 soccer league
-3x/week: 2 foot skills days + 5v5 soccer league
Early bird dates:
Winter II: December 24
Winter II Registration Links:
Contact Jackie at [email protected]